Intended learning outcomes of this Department
On completion of the course of study having successfully passed the examination, the candidate would be able to have a satisfactory level of efficiency enabling them:
- To detect and evaluate the anatomical, patho-physiological impairments, resulting in dysfunction of various age groups & occupation; to arrive at appropriate diagnosis.
- To understand the rationale & basic surgical intervention techniques & accordingly plan & implement specific Physiotherapy plans effectively.
- To be able to select proper approaches of therapy; adopting restorative & rehabilitative measures for maximum possible independence of a client at home, work place & community
- To build and develop communication skills used creatively for the purpose of communications compatible with psychological status during treatment of clients at various stages.
- To design a high level Physiotherapy educational programs for public and other health professionals.
Physical therapy profession contributes in the treatment and rehabilitation of a large number of cases of disease, such as:
Nervous system injuries: paraplegia , quadriplegia and poliomyelitis.
Musculoskeletal injuries : back & neck pain , muscle cramps , corrective surgeries, of hand and foot, re-education of normal function, mobilization of the joints, strengthening of the muscles, and training the patient to use prosthetic devices.
Chest Diseases: cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation programs.
Eldrly and Geriatric rehabilitation.